· Compelling and intriguing story, boasting great writing and characterisation
· Enter the Ghost World to affect things in the living world
· The game boasts a very distinctive visual style, bright block colours and cel shaded look, in motion the graphics are equally as charming with characters moving in a very lifelike way and quirky cartoon-like elements; such as a dancing detective and in a later level a Heath Robinson / Rube Goldberg machine.
· The gameplay is like a puzzle, there is only one solution in each scenario and the player need to work which objects to manipulate and in the correct sequence to successfully open new paths of investigation. A secondary task is and need to watch what is happening and eavesdrop on people present to gather information; this in turn can also open other paths of investigation, such as new locations to travel to.
· The player can enter the Ghost World where the passage of time pauses with the “Ghost” option. Here he can possess objects by moving Sissel’s soul (a blue flame) onto the “core” of the object, these are white spots seen in objects, to possess them. The world is in red when in the Ghost World and only objects with cores can be possessed.
Name: Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective
Platform: Nintendo DS
Category: Adventure/ Puzzle
Players: Single Player
Released: 14th January, 2011
PEGI Rating: 12+